I am an art historian based in Cork, Ireland.
- Modernisms 1845-1945, with special interest in war in visual culture, German visual culture 1914-1945, masculinities, and art as memoriography.
- PhD, University College Cork, 2017.
- MA Modern and Contemporary Art History, 2010.
- H Dip (Art and Design Education), Crawford College of Art and Design, 2009.
- BA Fine Art, Crawford College of Art and Design, 2000.
Recent Awards and Funding
- 2020 Awardee of a Charlemont Grant, Royal Irish Academy (International Research Mobility)
- Erasmus Mobility Grant, 2019 (lecturing at the University of Zagreb)
- National University of Ireland Grant towards Academic Publishing (2012 and 2017)
- Fáilte Ireland Conference Grant, for the conference War in the Visual Arts, 2013
- Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Doctoral Scholarship (full funding), 2012-2015.
Lecturing and Teaching
- Course Coordinator and Lecturer, part-time, History of Art, University College Cork, 2010-2019.
- Post-primary Art Teacher, Hewitt College, Cork, 2008-2018.
I regularly present/teach on my work at public events, academic conferences and seminars.
- Member of the German Studies Association.
- Member of the Topics Board of the journal Arts (ISSN 2076-0752), an international peer-reviewed open access journal published quarterly online by MDPI.
I am interested in collaborating on projects related to the special interest areas outlined above.
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-7394-3091